Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Winner Takes It All...

Most of you have known me as a quiz blogger for the past 4-5 months. But before these blogs happened, I was involved with a quiz group(I am still involved with it now though less physically) with a bunch of enthusiastic beings who were up for almost any challenge in the field of quizzing. At the time of its inception, we had set a time frame of 5 years to get the group to the forefront of quizzing in eastern India. But it is thanks to their commitment that we are a force to reckon in less than the targeted time frame. In fact I am writing all this to congratulate two of my group mates Manjit Mohanty and Nishit Ganatra for winning the Tata Crucible Campus Quiz, Kolkata Edition and thus becoming the first ever team from Bhubaneswar to qualify for the National finals. If you are not aware of the level of quizzing/competition in these events check out Tathagata's blog or the Tata Crucible site for more details. And don't go by the podium standing of these two guys on my blog; you can safely put your money on them. Well I'll speak for myself, congrats Nishit and Manjit ... you guys have made me proud and justified my faith in our quizzing club/culture.

No comments: